At the Eastern Star Home, our mission is to be the preferred senior living provider. By offering the right combination of the highest quality of care, comfort, and safety.Each resident will want to call the Eastern Star Home, “home”. White providing a healthy socially active lifestyle, exceeding our residents’ expectations and enriching the lives of those we serve. Eastern Star Home will continue to build on its unparalleled community atmosphere.
Care givers to Residents
Updated & Home Like
Safe & Free Parking
Nestled behind a row of historic victorian homes off of Cherokee Road in the Highlands neighborhood of Louisville, you will find the private serene setting of The Eastern Star Home in Kentucky.
As a not for profit, private pay home, since 1952, we have had the pleasure to assist those who need our services.
First, in the Craycroft Mansion, that stands next door to our current building which was built in 1977 to accommodate our growing population.
Types Of Care We Offer
It’s true what they say, there is no place like home. The familiarity, the convenience, the friends and family and of course the sense of security. However, fears regarding one’s wellbeing and safety can force us and our family to make difficult choices about our future, especially when our health is beginning to decline. Take a moment to review the services listed below. They are designed to help take the stress out of an already difficult situation for you and your family.
Following an injury or illness, our short stay care residents will receive the support they need to get back to their life as quickly as possible and we keep this goal in mind at all times.Learn More
We offer long-term care for seniors including:
Retirement Living, Nursing Home, Elder Care, Parental Care, and Palliative Care
Newly renovated Private Rooms with new furniture and room for personal furniture from home too.
- Beauty Salon / Barber Services
- Fully air conditioned and comfort climate control
- Activity room
- Beautiful Garden Courtyard
- Conveniently Located in the heart of the Highlands
- Cable Television- Each room is cable ready (private service not included in room and board
- Chapel – church services Wednesday and Sunday
- Comfortable common and lounge areas to gather with friends and family
- Walk to dine, Social family style dining and In-room dining options
- Alarm system to aid in the security of residents with cognitive deficits
- Mail and Newspaper Service
- Telephone service - Each room is telephone ready (private service not included in room.
- Wireless Internet
- 24 Hour Locked Facility for safety and security of residents
- Low resident to care provider ratio
- Daily activities and one on one relationships
- Regular enriching events both onsite with student performances, entertainers and excursions to sporting events, movies and social events.
We invite you to call and schedule a tour today or just stop in so that we can share our history with you and to show you why we are “The Best Kept Secret in Long Term Care”.
Here is what some residents and their family say about Eastern Star Home.
Every time that I walk into the Eastern Star Home It dosen’t feel as if I am walking into a facility, but rather someones home and I always feel so welcomed.
Thank you for all of the loving care that you provided to my mother. You made a difference in the quality of her life.
Lovely facilities and the care provided to my father is amazing. He is very happy and I am assured he is being given the best care.